How do you treat a droopy eyelid?
- Ptosis refers to a droopy eyelid, where the upper eye area lowers downward. Causes include genetics, eye surgery, and excessive rubbing. Treatment can involve surgery, but usually for cosmetic reasons only. Prevention is harder due to genes playing a role. Learn more about this manageable condition here.
What to know about age spots (liver spots)
- Age spots, or liver spots, are common and harmless. They do not require treatment, but people can get rid of them with creams and cosmetic procedures. Age spots can resemble certain forms of skin cancer, and anyone concerned about an age spot should speak with a doctor.
What are the best exercises for bat wings?
- Strengthening the arms can help improve the muscles and promote fat loss. This can help to improve the shape of the arms and reduce excess and drooping skin that is there. This excess skin is sometimes known as "bat wings" or "bingo wings." Learn more about how to get rid of bat wings.
14 ways to lose weight without diet or exercise
- Strict diets can be challenging to follow, and people may not always have the time or ability to exercise. However, a variety of simple lifestyle changes can help people lose weight and improve their health. These include taking probiotics, getting enough sleep, and thoroughly chewing food. Learn more here.
What is labial hypertrophy and is it normal?
- Each person's vagina and vulva are unique, and there is wide variation between people. Labial hypertrophy is when one or both vaginal lips, or labia, are larger than usual. This is normal and not a cause for concern. Some people choose to have surgery for cosmetic reasons. Learn more about vaginal hypertrophy here.
Six natural ways to whiten teeth
- Teeth inevitably begin to yellow with age, but a range of strategies can slow the process and even reverse it. In this article, learn how to whiten teeth naturally at home using baking soda, oil pulling, hydrogen peroxide, and other techniques. We also look at which strategies to avoid to prevent damage to the teeth.
Tips for dyeing hair when you have psoriasis
- People with psoriasis can dye their hair safely. However, there are factors to consider before, during, and after applying the dye. In this article, learn about the risks, and seven tips developed to help people with psoriasis to dye their hair safely. We also describe how to prevent flare-ups on the scalp.
Which treatments work for stretch marks?
- Stretch marks are common during periods of sudden growth. While they often fade over time, they can be permanent. Some people try to reduce the appearance of these marks at home using creams or lotions, herbal remedies, self-tanner, or hyaluronic acid. Here, we explore the evidence behind popular methods.
What causes webbed toes in humans?
- Some people are born with extra skin between their toes. This is called webbing, and it can be a genetic condition, although sometimes the cause is unknown. The treatment to correct webbed toes usually involves surgery to remove the extra skin. In this article, learn more about webbed toes and how to treat them.
How long does laser hair removal last?
- Laser hair removal is a popular long-term option for removing unwanted body hair. But is laser hair removal permanent, and how long would it take for hair to regrow? In this article, we look at how long laser hair removal lasts, the chances of regrowth, plus the costs and side effects of laser hair removal procedures.
Does CoolSculpting work?
- CoolSculpting is a noninvasive cosmetic procedure to reduce stubborn areas of fat using cold temperatures. Plastic surgeons make bold claims about its benefits, but does it really work? In this article, we take a close look at what the research says about how effective and safe CoolSculpting is for removing body fat.
What are the side effects of laser hair removal?
- Removing unwanted hair from the body and face is usually done safely and effectively using laser hair removal therapy. Some people may experience mild redness, swelling, and irritation of the treated area. Here, we look at how safe laser hair removal is, possible side effects, and some of the myths about the process.
Can you use Botox under your eyes?
- Botox is often used to treat lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth. Can it also reduce dark circles or bags under the eyes? Using Botox under the eyes is not approved in the U.S. and researchers are unsure how well it may work and what side effects may occur. Here, learn about the procedure and its alternatives.
Do eyelashes grow back? What you need to know
- Losing a few eyelashes from time to time is normal. However, sometimes a person loses many or all of their eyelashes, perhaps as a result of a burn, a medical therapy, or a health condition. In this article, learn how quickly the eyelashes grow back, as well as treatments and home remedies to help the process.
How do I stop my hair from being dry?
- Many people have problems with their hair becoming brittle or dry. Medical conditions may be the cause, but it is often down to lifestyle or personal hygiene habits. Potential remedies are diverse and often simple, and we give 12 here, including oils and plant products that make good conditioners and hair masks.
What causes a piercing rejection to occur?
- Sometimes, the body will reject a piercing. Piercing rejection happens when the immune system sees the jewelry as a foreign object and tries to push it back out. This can cause discomfort and scarring. In this article, we look at how to spot a piercing rejection, prevention tips, and stopping the process of rejection.
Which essential oils help get rid of wrinkles?
- There are many lotions and creams that claim to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, but some people may prefer a natural alternative. Many essential oils, including sandalwood, lavender, and rosemary, are believed to help. We look at the evidence for 10 essential oils that could help keep the skin looking young.
Can you remove a skin tag yourself?
- Skin tags are harmless, but some people choose to eliminate large or noticeable tags for cosmetic reasons. There are many simple methods of removal, including creams and freezing kits. In this article, we describe how to get rid of skin tags at home and when to see a doctor for professional removal.
What are the risks of breast implant surgery?
- As with many medical procedures, breast implant surgery has a range of risks and complications for people to be aware of beforehand. These can include pain, swelling, infection, and visual changes. In this article, we identify the risks of this surgery, along with early signs and symptoms to be aware of afterward.
Can avocado oil strengthen my hair?
- Oils play an important role in the health of a person’s hair. Avocado oil may have specific benefits due to its vitamin and mineral composition. When the hair’s natural oil balance is uneven, or the environment has damaged the hair, using oils on the scalp or hair may moisturize it and prevent further damage.
Can I get rid of a mole by myself?
- Some people use home remedies to get rid of their moles. However, these remedies have not been proven to be safe or effective. Instead, people are advised to see a dermatologist about any moles they are concerned about. In this article, we look at 14 home remedies that some say could lead to mole removal.
How do you prevent pimples?
- Several factors can cause acne, but simple hygiene techniques and lifestyle changes can often prevent pimples from forming. Washing regularly and reducing stress are some of the best ways to ward off this common skin issue. Here, learn more about effective methods of prevention and treatment.