5 natural ways to reduce breast size
- Breast tissue is largely made up of fatty materials. Losing body fat is one effective way to reduce breast size naturally. In this article, we look at five methods people can use to reduce breast size, or the appearance of breasts.
What to know about hyperpigmentation
- Hyperpigmentation occurs when a person develops darker patches on the skin, such as age spots or melasma. Learn about the causes, types, and treatments for hyperpigmentation here.
What is melasma?
- Melasma causes dark patches to appear on the skin. It is a pigmentation disorder that is more common in women. Learn about the symptoms, risk factors, and treatments here.
Are egg white face masks good for your skin?
- Many people use egg white face masks as a way to boost the health of both oily and dry skin. However, there is little to no evidence to support the suggested benefits of these masks. We take a closer look at these alleged benefits and explain how to make an egg white face mask.
How do you stop unwanted hair growth?
- Unwanted hair growth on the body or face has a range of causes linked to hormones. Some growth is typical and has no links to conditions that cause hirsutism. Natural treatments include diet changes and weight management. Medical treatments can also help. Learn more about excessive or unwanted hair in women here.
What to know about microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure, during which a dermatologist removes the top layer of skin. The aim is to create a more youthful, even complexion. Learn more here.
How do you treat a droopy eyelid?
- Ptosis refers to a droopy eyelid, where the upper eye area lowers downward. Causes include genetics, eye surgery, and excessive rubbing. Treatment can involve surgery, but usually for cosmetic reasons only. Prevention is harder due to genes playing a role. Learn more about this manageable condition here.
What to know about age spots (liver spots)
- Age spots, or liver spots, are common and harmless. They do not require treatment, but people can get rid of them with creams and cosmetic procedures. Age spots can resemble certain forms of skin cancer, and anyone concerned about an age spot should speak with a doctor.
What are the best exercises for bat wings?
- Strengthening the arms can help improve the muscles and promote fat loss. This can help to improve the shape of the arms and reduce excess and drooping skin that is there. This excess skin is sometimes known as "bat wings" or "bingo wings." Learn more about how to get rid of bat wings.
14 ways to lose weight without diet or exercise
- Strict diets can be challenging to follow, and people may not always have the time or ability to exercise. However, a variety of simple lifestyle changes can help people lose weight and improve their health. These include taking probiotics, getting enough sleep, and thoroughly chewing food. Learn more here.
What is labial hypertrophy and is it normal?
- Each person's vagina and vulva are unique, and there is wide variation between people. Labial hypertrophy is when one or both vaginal lips, or labia, are larger than usual. This is normal and not a cause for concern. Some people choose to have surgery for cosmetic reasons. Learn more about vaginal hypertrophy here.
Six natural ways to whiten teeth
- Teeth inevitably begin to yellow with age, but a range of strategies can slow the process and even reverse it. In this article, learn how to whiten teeth naturally at home using baking soda, oil pulling, hydrogen peroxide, and other techniques. We also look at which strategies to avoid to prevent damage to the teeth.
Tips for dyeing hair when you have psoriasis
- People with psoriasis can dye their hair safely. However, there are factors to consider before, during, and after applying the dye. In this article, learn about the risks, and seven tips developed to help people with psoriasis to dye their hair safely. We also describe how to prevent flare-ups on the scalp.
Which treatments work for stretch marks?
- Stretch marks are common during periods of sudden growth. While they often fade over time, they can be permanent. Some people try to reduce the appearance of these marks at home using creams or lotions, herbal remedies, self-tanner, or hyaluronic acid. Here, we explore the evidence behind popular methods.
What causes webbed toes in humans?
- Some people are born with extra skin between their toes. This is called webbing, and it can be a genetic condition, although sometimes the cause is unknown. The treatment to correct webbed toes usually involves surgery to remove the extra skin. In this article, learn more about webbed toes and how to treat them.
How long does laser hair removal last?
- Laser hair removal is a popular long-term option for removing unwanted body hair. But is laser hair removal permanent, and how long would it take for hair to regrow? In this article, we look at how long laser hair removal lasts, the chances of regrowth, plus the costs and side effects of laser hair removal procedures.
Does CoolSculpting work?
- CoolSculpting is a noninvasive cosmetic procedure to reduce stubborn areas of fat using cold temperatures. Plastic surgeons make bold claims about its benefits, but does it really work? In this article, we take a close look at what the research says about how effective and safe CoolSculpting is for removing body fat.
What are the side effects of laser hair removal?
- Removing unwanted hair from the body and face is usually done safely and effectively using laser hair removal therapy. Some people may experience mild redness, swelling, and irritation of the treated area. Here, we look at how safe laser hair removal is, possible side effects, and some of the myths about the process.
Can you use Botox under your eyes?
- Botox is often used to treat lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth. Can it also reduce dark circles or bags under the eyes? Using Botox under the eyes is not approved in the U.S. and researchers are unsure how well it may work and what side effects may occur. Here, learn about the procedure and its alternatives.
Do eyelashes grow back? What you need to know
- Losing a few eyelashes from time to time is normal. However, sometimes a person loses many or all of their eyelashes, perhaps as a result of a burn, a medical therapy, or a health condition. In this article, learn how quickly the eyelashes grow back, as well as treatments and home remedies to help the process.
How do I stop my hair from being dry?
- Many people have problems with their hair becoming brittle or dry. Medical conditions may be the cause, but it is often down to lifestyle or personal hygiene habits. Potential remedies are diverse and often simple, and we give 12 here, including oils and plant products that make good conditioners and hair masks.